Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Upgrading the brakes part three....

Stopped into CycleSurgery today for a quick adjustment to the right hand side brake. The new disc brakes are now well bedded in, the parking brake engages and releases very well and the stopping power is very impressive! The low quality video below from my phone will give you some idea. It shows me traveling down hill with my six year old in the box (he is doing the filming). All up weight is about 155kg (341 pounds for the non-metric amongst you). My speed is about 25km/h (15.5mph) before I apply a full emergency stop just past the green wheelie bin you can see on the left side of the road.


And it because of stops like this the kids always wear the lap seat belt to stop them flying forward during sudden braking!

No comments:

Post a Comment